June 14, 2012 by Beth Hess
On this Think About It Thursday, here is your assignment:
- How Can I Take Better Care of Myself? Do a journal entry, a blog post, meditate on it, make a list.
- Choose one to focus on for this follow-up question… What is one way I can do this one thing better this week?
- DO IT!
- Tell me about it in the comments section below. (If you blog about it, include your link.)
- (optional) Read my reflections on the question of the week below.
I feed dogs. I feed the cat. I feed the fish. I feed my family.
I wash clothes. I sweep floors. I pack lunches. I kiss boo-boos.
But what do I do for me??
- Read books that make me happy
- Take long showers
- Drink more water
- Stop weighing myself every day
- Spend time with people who make me smile
- Take lots of photographs
- Keep up with my Gratitude List, which keeps me living in the moment
- Breathe deeply
- Eat more veggies
- Coach … the buzz this gives me is awesome!
- Give myself time to ask — and respond to — more questions like these.
- Sing to the radio
What one thing can I do better this week? Plan & execute a walking photo tour. Take some time, and my camera, and see what I can see. (Watch for the results in a coming blog.)
P.S. I’m blogging my weight-loss journey under the category “40 Pounds of Purpose” … if you want each new entry emailed to you, please subscribe using the link on the right of this page. You’ll also be able to read an archive of entries over time right HERE.